Saturday, April 19, 2008
Izzy Update!
My sweet little niece Isabelle was put into the hospital this week because she hasn't been gaining quite enough weight. They've tried a medication for GERD, but it wasn't helping and at 3 months old, she was only about 8 1/2 lbs. So, They did some calorie counting, manipulation of a few things food wise and a medication change and now she is getting much better! I just got a message from my sister that she gained 4.8 oz today alone! Hooray, Izzy!! She had us pretty worried for a while. They did a cystic fibrosis test on her and we felt very blessed to have that come up negative. They were also talking about a surgery to tighten the esophageal sphincter(I think), but right now
things are looking great. She should get to go home tomorrow. I helped Nana pick out this special little sea horse for Izzy to talk to in the hospital so she wouldn't get to bored. She loves it. What a sweetie pie! I got to see her today and I was so glad to see her happy and 'talking' and not in pain. Liam has been missing her terribly and always includes her in his nightly prayers. Hopefully he'll get to go and visit her this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear your niece has been in the hospital. That is scary, especially with a baby. I hope everything continues to go well and that she gets to go home soon.
Post a Comment