Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Faith is like a Little Seed

On the first day of Spring, we decided to have a spring themed FHE with the Finlays. I was hoping that by doing so it would force spring to make an appearance, but judging by the 100mph winds and insane cold and snow last week, we're not quite to that point yet. However, we had fun trying.

Wes and I had fun making our spring themed cake--complete with garden worms!
We then had a lesson from the scriptures, Alma 32 in the Book of Mormon, one of my favorite chapters, about nourishing the seed of faith so it grows. We then decorated our flower pots. The kids had a lot of fun personalizing them. (although, it doesn't look like Ethan did, judging by his face. ;))
We then planted all different sunflower seeds in our pots. I love sunflower seeds because they are so super easy to grow and do so quickly, so I knew it would be fun for the kids to see results.
The kids with their personalized pots, all planted and ready for water!
Since the project our seeds have been watered and given sunlight and grown to be at least 6 inches tall. It's been a great lesson for the kids and all have enjoyed watching their plants grow!
And we really have the best husbands, who went at midnight to Wal-Mart to make sure Erica and I got the collector's edition of New Moon. :) They are trying to act like us girls here:
Thanks for a very fun night, guys!

1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

Wow your cake looks SOOOO awesome. That sounds like such a fun FHE. Hope your spring comes soon!! I love the picture of the hubbys :) Awesome!!