Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Liam's First Pinewood Derby

Wes was called into cub scouts earlier this year. He's had so much fun doing the activities with the boys and I think he was just as excited for the upcoming pinewood derby as the scouts! Because Wes is in scouts and Liam will be 8 this year, they allowed Liam to participate in our pinewood derby this year.  Wes and Liam had a BLAST cutting out his car and decorating it together. Wes was so good about letting Liam do everything and design it just how he wanted.  We all attended the derby and had so much fun watching Liam race his car. I must admit that I had no idea how serious this all was. They had brackets and rules and check in, etc, etc. And it lasted for HOURS. lol. That being said, it was fun.  Liam's car got second place in his division which was really cool! It was fun watching the suspense in his eyes as he raced his car. So cute.  I love that kid's enthusiasm. He also got the award for best details on his car.  He's already planning his car for next year.

 photo DSC_0747_zpsc735eac1.jpg

 photo DSC_0745_zps85a13a7d.jpg

 photo DSC_0749_zpsed5ef61a.jpg

 photo DSC_0756_zps9afc6a75.jpg

 photo DSC_0753_zps757b0c76.jpg

 photo DSC_0762_zps9369fe44.jpg

 photo DSC_0769_zps6ab0fd6d.jpg

 photo DSC_0767_zps4ffff776.jpg

 photo DSC_0770_zpse318e12f.jpg

 photo DSC_0777_zpse7626143.jpg

No comments: