Sunday, December 7, 2014

When I am Baptized...

 photo liambaptism_zps23083da1.jpg
Liam has been looking forward to his baptism for, literally, years. He's been planning his program, etc, since his last birthday.  For some reason, I can't get the file of his invation to upload, but my friend Natalie Perry took beautiful baptism photos for us up at the temple. This was the one we used for his announcement.  I love all of them that she took.
 photo baptism1_zps2cffb950.jpg

 photo baptism5_zpsa40a054a.jpg

 photo baptism6_zps015a2190.jpg
 photo baptism4_zps6ad7bcbf.jpg

This last pose was Liam's idea.
 photo baptism7_zpsa6554624.jpg 

The day of his actual baptism ended up being a little hairy for me- I had to have emergency surgery for an arterial bleed in my sinuses the day before secondary to a surgery I had two weeks prior to that. HOWEVER, I had my mom who cleaned my house top to bottom and my in-laws arrived and helped us prepare.  My mom and my grandma made beautiful temple and 8 cookies for everyone to enjoy. My mom had also given me a beautiful bouquet of white flowers that were perfect on the table. We had everyone over for dessert after the baptism. It was lovely.

  photo DSC_0423_zps0d90a9ab.jpg

 photo DSC_0424_zps8300d721.jpg

But let's back up a little bit. Here are some photos of everyone before the special event!
 photo DSC_0333_zpsfd746ffd.jpg

 photo DSC_0324_zpse9925393.jpg

 photo DSC_0331_zps36ce7d12.jpg

 photo DSC_0341_zps5aecccd7.jpg
 photo DSC_0359_zps45fdf395.jpg
 photo DSC_0341_zps5aecccd7.jpg

 photo DSC_0370_zps71c1f0fe.jpg

 photo DSC_0363_zpse2759a4b.jpg

 photo DSC_0373_zpsc0860277.jpg

 photo DSC_0378_zpsc9221da0.jpg

 photo DSC_0390_zpsb44d1539.jpg

 photo DSC_0394_zps7e75c518.jpg

 photo DSC_0406_zps9f5ebf1f.jpg

 photo DSC_0404_zps4e0b8809.jpg

 photo DSC_0415_zps82f1f7d8.jpg

 photo DSC_0417_zps24aa762d.jpg

  photo DSC_0421_zpse4127aa2.jpg

Liam was so so excited to be baptized by his daddy. It was a very full circle moment for me.  When all of the children gathered around the font to watch Liam get baptized, the spirit was so strong. Liam is a spiritual giant. When he met with the bishop, the bishop was so impressed the Liam had taken the time to learn about the symbolism and history of baptism. I truly feel that Liam 100% was ready to make this decision on his own. I am so proud of his desire to follow Christ.  Liam also met with the sister missionaries to discuss baptism and he asked the most poignant questions and has a strong desire to know the doctrine of the gospel. His faith and desire to learn is so pure. I'm so proud to be his mother. He teaches me every day.
 photo DSC_0409_zps2c42815b.jpg

 photo DSC_0414_zps0f1570ca.jpg

 photo DSC_0413_zps232704f7.jpg

I was blown away by the number of people that came to Liam's baptism from our ward family. It was a beautiful symbol of being part of a larger family and of being surrounded by people that are always there to love and support you. I'm so thankful for all of those who love and support our son.

For his program Liam had La Resa Darrington give the opening prayer, the bishop gave a talk on baptism, Sister Natalie Perry gave the talk on the Holy Ghost (he even sent her a text without me knowing to ask her- I have zip to do with that decision), Grandma played the piano- I like to Look for Rainbows and I stand all amazed, and Addy gave the closing prayer.
 photo DSC_0419_zpscf9cc189.jpg

 photo DSC_0420_zps582df54c.jpg
Natalie's talk was perfect. She talked about the HOly Ghost being a flash light and gave Liam a flash light.

At the end of the program, after he had received the Holy Ghost, Liam went and shook everyone's hands. And then he told us "I feel so so good. I've never felt so good in my whole life." That's about how I felt as well. What an awesome thing- to witness your child feeling the full impact of the gospel.

No comments: