Cleaning and Scrubbing can Wait 'til Tomorrow
For Babies Grow Up We've Learned to Our Sorrow,
So Quiet Down Cobwebs and Dust Go to Sleep,
I'm Rocking my Baby and Babies Don't Keep

I was reminded of this poem that I love tonight. Liam was having a harder time going to sleep and kept coming and peeking his head in here saying "Mommy!" while I was/am working on homework. At first I was slightly annoyed. Normally he goes right to sleep around 7:15 or 7:20, but tonight he had a harder time. He just wanted me to snuggle and rock him. So I sat down and we just rocked for a while. I decided not to worry about the sink full of dishes or the homework needing to be done. I just rocked with him. It really is such a treat to have a quiet, sweet, cuddley moment with him. I need to enjoy it now, because I'm sure it won't last forever. He's just growing so quickly. I looked at this picture of him from Sunday and he looks so grown up and handsome! I'm just the luckiest mommy in the world and enjoying every minute of it.
1 comment:
I love that poem. I haven't heard it in so long. Thanks for the reminder.
Post a Comment