Friday, October 31, 2008

Nursing School Update

I'm well over half way done with my first semester of nursing school! yay! The time is flying. I am feeling a bit more pressure here lately with exams and the medication quiz that I have to pass with a 100% before I can give meds, but I'm still loving it. We're in the middle of our second round of exams and so far I've only gotten one B(that I'm still miffed about...grr...), so I'm feeling good about things, but it's still overwhleming to think that in just one year I'll be able to function as a full on RN.

I love clinical. It's a lot of fun and it's great to actually get to perform all the stuff we're learning to do. I know I don't want to be an ortho nurse, for sure, but I still am liking the experience. I have an awesome clinical instructor who is getting us a lot of opportunities to do different things. I get to go to the neuro unit next week and then we also get to watch surgeries when the opportunity is there, which is really great. We got a tour of the new OR floor at Renown. All I can say is WOW. It's amazing. It's gorgeous, HUGE, and very modern. I loved learning about it all. I wouldn't mind being an OR nurse, but I'm thinking it might not be the route for me because you don't get a whole lot of patient interaction and I'm still focusing on Labor and Delivery and eventually grad school for midwifery. My clinical instructor keeps telling me I need to go to grad school. Uhh, I would really just like to survive my undergrad here and get my husband graduated first! haha Then maybe I'll go that route.

Anywho, that's my update. Here's a pic of our clinical group before going into the OR We're stylin' aren't we?

2 comments:

Cody and Jen said...

Good Job Holly. I feel ya. I am so happy that it is past that half mark of the first semester. It has been crazy but I am loving it too. I think about you all the time and give you mad props for doing this when you have a baby to take care of.

Tatiana said...

Awesome! My mom is an RN! I keep pressing her to become a midwife also :D.