

This is just a cute pic I had to throw in of Liam and Papa reading 'Care Bears.'
The second part of the egg coloring events included Martha Stewart. I saw this on another blog and just had to try it. Here is the process.First, you need silk ties. To get a really good pattern, they should be silk. I used one of my dad's old '70's ties. We found a couple other ones that had some silk in them, so those gave a pattern as well, but not as good as the all silk. I'm going to be keeping my eyes peeled at thrift stores throughout the year. Anyway, you cut up the ties in pieces enough to wrap around an egg.
Then you wrap a raw egg in the silk from the tie and secure with a rubber band. Then you need a white material square(we used a cut up old pillow case) to put over the egg again.
Then you put eggs in a glass pot and fill with enough water to cover eggs and add 3 tbsp of vinegar. Bring eggs to a boil, then turn down to simmer for 40 minutes.
Put eggs on cooling rack and then unwrap. WOW!
We loved this. It was soo amazing how well it worked. I can't wait to find some really good ties to try next time.
7 comments:
your eggs came out awesome!!!
i hope that blog was ME! =]
wow that is sooo cool!!!! i have never seen that before. It brings a whole new world to me of dying eggs :) great picture taking skills as well!!
Those are amazing! I love them.
yes! =] i was hoping it was me!
i LOVE my bg! =] can't wait til summertime so my boys can run around in just diapers! haha...
These are the most amazing eggs! Such a neat idea.
ok, that's just about the coolest thing I've ever seen...must.remember next year!
Those were really different! When did you have time to watch Martha?
Post a Comment