So, it's no secret that nursing school is a tad stressful, especially lately. I needed an outlet A girl in my class is an amazing knitter and knits beautiful things during our lectures. Most of our lecture material is online, therefore I take just a few notes here and there or just write down the really important things not on the slide shows. Well, because I tend to pick my cuticles when I'm bored, but listening, so I decided I needed to find something to keep my hands busy. I was inspired to try knitting.
I've always wanted to learn to knit. I used to crochet when I was younger, but I really like the tight look of knitting. So, I headed over to grandma's house, who is a champion at knitting dish rags, and she taught me how to make a dish rag. I was *so* excited that I shared my excitement with my good friend, Erica. Well, amazingly, Erica had been wanting to learn to knit as well. So, we kicked out our husbands and kids and made a girls' night of knitting and watching 'P.S. I Love You.'
^This is the beginning of our addiction- Erica starting her first one.
^This is my first completed dish rag. Yes, there are mistakes, but I was still proud.
^This is my second one which I gave away already. I love the colors. I think this one has turned out the best so far.
^Here is my third. I like this one a lot. (Yes, I know they are all looking the same, I promise my blog won't become a tribute to my knitted dish rags, I'm just excited right now.)
^And here we are tonight with Erica's very first completed one! Here is my latest, which I also thought turned out pretty well.
^This is the beginning of our addiction- Erica starting her first one.
^This is my first completed dish rag. Yes, there are mistakes, but I was still proud.
^This is my second one which I gave away already. I love the colors. I think this one has turned out the best so far.
^Here is my third. I like this one a lot. (Yes, I know they are all looking the same, I promise my blog won't become a tribute to my knitted dish rags, I'm just excited right now.)
^And here we are tonight with Erica's very first completed one! Here is my latest, which I also thought turned out pretty well.I think I'll make one more dish rag to make sure I have the hang of it. I taught myself the pearl stitch from YouTube, so I want to try something with that next. I'd really like to make a few little hats for little ones, so I'm sure you'll be kept updated with our knitting progress!
1 comment:
you're so motivated! =]
i know how to knit scarves. that's about it. i reallllly want to learn the cable stitch. =]
Post a Comment