Sunday, May 3, 2009

My School Boy

My Little Liam is now a school boy. I've been thinking for a while that I wanted to start getting him on some lists for pre-schools in the area, but just hadn't had a chance yet. I knew he'd love it and would love the activities, projects and being with the other kids. One day, my friend Erica let me know that they had an opening at the center where she works. So, I called and talked to them and went on a tour and got him all set up for 'school' two days a week.

He was sooo excited the night before school. We let him pick out a backpack after he had gone to the dentist and he chose a very cool Thomas backpack(new obsession). Some of his friends from his regular daycare have started pre-school so he's been asking me to go to school for a long time. I guess he was just thrilled with the idea of school.

His first day of school was during the regular track's spring break, so they were having a 'spirit week' at school and his first day was pajama day. He was very confused about why he was going to wear his jammies to school, but he had no complaints.

When we got to school, he just ran and immediately started playing with the other kids. He had a great day and did well. He even took a nap on the mat his second day, which was my big concern because he's always slept in a bed by himself for naps.

At any rate, he LOVES school and has been doing great. I'm glad to get him that interaction and it's so nice that Erica is there because it gives me a little piece of mind. He's excited for school every week now, but still loves to go to Sammy's as well. The best of both worlds--lucky boy.

Here are some of his first day of pre-school pics. I had to do a classic 'hand on the door, first day of school pic.' My mom made us do one every single year and while I know he's not really in school-school, we still think it counts and I had to take this picture for tradition's sake.Showing off his rockin' new backpack.Just some cute ones showcasing his excitement.

My big boy with his new school shoes. :)
He seems far too grown up... Wasn't he just born last week?

2 comments:

The Finlays said...

How many kids can say that they went to their first day of school in their jammies? Lucky boy! We LOVE having you at school Liam.

Jana Banana said...

OH wow Liam at school. Where have the years gone? That is good that you know he will be in good hands, I am sure that will help you focus more in school!