Sunday, November 8, 2009

Liam's Pumpkin

As most of you know, October was a very sickly month for us. About the second week of October Liam tested positive for Influenza A and his doctor was about 99% positive it was H1N1. Thankfully, we all got some tamiflu on board which seemed to help a lot. Liam was pretty darn miserable, but he seemed to recover within a few days, thanks to the tamiflu.

The following week, he starting throwing up and had the stomach flu. Lucky, right? Really, this wasn't just any stomach flu-- it was the WORST I think. lol. He got sick on Tuesday and I really thought he was better on Thursday, just still a little weak. WRONG. On Friday my parents had come to town and he was still super whiny and weak. But, when I asked him if he wanted something to eat he'd say, "No it will make my tummy hurt." So, I really thought that he was just afraid to eat and that eating would make him feel better. We asked him what he wanted to eat and he said "Fuddruckers" so away we went. He was sitting there eating and we were all having a nice time, when he said, "Mommy, I have to throw up." Before I could even move, he did indeed throw up everywhere. It was one of those flash moments where you can't really believe that just happened. Thankfully, the Fuddruckers staff was WONDERFUL and brought us new food and a bag for Liam's clothing and cleaned up everything. We finished the meal with Liam in his underwear and my sweater. He was very happy and feeling good after that and thought it was cool he got to be half naked in a restuarant. That night, we decided that painting his pumpkin might help his spirits and it did seem to do so. We did end up trick-or-treating that weekend(more pictures to follow) but I don't really thing he was better until the following Tuesday. So, here's to a very HEALTHY rest of the year, right?

Anyway, here's my boy with his silly face pumpkin. He and daddy drew the face together and he painted it. (Doesn't he look pitiful?)With his finished product. :)

1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

oh poor liam... he is in our prayers that he can be healthy the rest of the year :) especially since we are coming to visit :)
Jana