Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Bouncing Baby...


GIRL!



That's right, we're going to be welcoming a sweet baby girl in November! We had our big ultrasound on Thursday. We took Liam with us and he was just thrilled to 'meet' his baby sister... You could have knocked me over with a feather with the tech told us that we'd be having a daughter. I thought for sure that we would be having a boy, but nope, he told us he was positive she's a girl. I made him confirm because I knew I'd be buying a *few* pink things. ;)


I can't tell you how many times I've looked through these photos over the last two days. I know to most of you they look like every other ultrasound photo you've ever seen. But, seeing her up on the screen moving her little feet and seeing her profile, it's magical. I feel that way each time I look through these photos. I remember feeling the same way after Liam's ultrasound; just enamored with the beautiful little baby growing inside of me. It's amazing how, as moms, we know that our children are beautiful and perfect in every way, even just from a 2-d black and white image of them.

Here is baby girl's profile shot (her head on the right):
Looking straight ahead:
Waving Hello! Liam saw this one and said, "Hey, My Baby Sister is Giving Me a High Five!" Then he proceeded to wave at the screen and yell, "Hi, baby sister!"
She already has "Fawcett" legs. They are nice and long, with what looks to be like a big foot as well. :)
We feel so blessed! She is perfect and healthy and everything looks just beautiful from the ultrasound!

Now the name discussions begin! With Liam, he wasn't named until shortly before he arrived, and I'm sure this will be a similar situation. Liam insists her name will be Chester, therefore, that's what she is know as for now.

We can't wait to meet you, Ms. Chester!

No comments: