Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thumbsucker

I always swore I'd never 'let' my children become thumbsuckers.  Well, whenever a mom makes such a statement, I guess it's the law of the universe that one of her children will prove her wrong.  :)  Addy is a binky baby, but not as much as Liam. And lately, she'll spit that binky right out and go for her thumb.  It's getting worse. Anytime the thumb comes near her mouth, she starts sucking.  I have tried taking it out and going for the binky, because at least when the time comes, you can take the binky away, but no such luck.  Oh well, it's pretty darn cute anyway. At night, the only way she'll sleep well is tightly swaddled. She loves to be swaddled, but now a few mornings, I've gone in to find her having wiggled one arm out and she'll be sucking away on her thumb, or her thumb will be in sucking position for when she wakes up. Silly girl.  Here are a few pictures of our little thumbsucker.
This picture is a little blurry because Wes went in to take it without a flash.  She was sleeping away.

We'll see how long this lasts. :)  Like I said, I think it's pretty adorable, even though it may be a problem in a few years.  Maybe not.  They sure have their own little personalities and preferences, despite what we do, don't they?

No comments: