Sunday, January 8, 2012

Merry Christmas Eve

We had Christmas Eve day and night all to ourselves as our little family. As much as we LOVE being around family, it was nice to do our own little traditions, etc.  We started out the morning delivering little gifts and goodies to our friends and family and visiting Brent and Elise Adams, our good friends.  We decided to head up to the temple to look at the beautiful nativity and talk some more about what Christmas is all about.  I love taking my children to the temple.  It's so peaceful and I love the feelings and reminders of the eternal nature of families only made possible through the birth and atonement of Jesus Christ.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Christmas Eve night we did our tradition of opening new PJs (Liam got Mater ones and Addy got hot cocoa and cookies) from our cans and watched The Polar Express followed by reading The Night Before Christmas and reading the story of the nativity. Liam wrote a note to Santa, put out some cookies and carrots, and headed to bed. He had tracked Santa on Norad all evening and was soooo excited when he got to the US. He told us that we all needed to go to bed and NOT get out otherwise Santa wouldn't come.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Well, Santa did come and it appears that he had a very heavy bag bringing gifts for our little family, as well as Nana and Papa.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I really think that I almost like Christmas Eve more than Christmas Day. I love the excitement, anticipation, feeling of the gifts all wrapped ready to be opened and being with my family.

No comments: