Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Kindergarten- CHECK!

Seems like just yesterday I was writing the post about Liam's first day of school, and now, here we are already done! Liam had a fantastic kindergarten year. I am so very, very proud of him. I was able to volunteer in his classroom a few times throughout the year and I was always so proud of his manners and his diligence in his schoolwork. His teacher, Mrs. Butler, always gushed about how she was his 'go to' student for errands, substitutes to reference, etc. He made lots of friends and truly just LOVED going to school everyday. He was able to attend a first grade class for reading groups and some math. He was in Mrs. Sparks' top reading group and finished kindergarten at an end of second grade/beginning third grade reading level. He is able to read chapter books and write a summary of the story! I'm just so proud of him and how much he loves learning. He even won the title of 'top speller in kindergarten' during their school spelling bee, and that's after taking multiple tests and different grade levels and getting the best score out of 95 kindergarteners! He won a Barnes and Noble gift card. Anyway, I know this is a bit of a braggy post, but I feel like my Big Boy deserves it! He is just such a kind hearted and wonderful boy! For his last day of school, the kindergarteners put on a little music program and GG and Grandpa-Great were able to attend, which was really special to Liam. He was SO excited to show us all the songs he'd been practicing and he really knew every single word. Again, we are definitely proud parents! Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Liam and his teacher, Mrs. Butler. He also wanted a few photos from around his classroom. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
 When we got home, he was surprised with a green plasma car(these things are 'all the rage' right now). He loved it! Photobucket Photobucket Definitely a successful end to a successful year! We are so proud of you, Bubba!

No comments: