Back in April, I had been trying to find an Elsa dress for Addy. She was very specific that she wanted the ice blue Elsa dress. Well, at that point, so did every single child on the planet. You couldn't find anElsa dress anywhere. I enlisted Uncle Beannie's help thinking he may be able to find one at Disneyland. No luck. A few weeks later he called me and told me that a friend of his who worked at a Disney store said they were getting shipment of Elsa dresses. He went down and was entered into a raffle to win the OPPORTUNITY to purchase an Elsa dress. I'm telling you! He was the last name who got drawn and he was able to get one for Addy! I decided because it was such a special treat, to wait until her birthday to give it to her. Her reaction did not disappoint. She was thrilled to pieces with it! My friend Natalie even did her hair in a special Elsa braid to complete her birthday party look.
The cakes were more simple this year, but I still love how they turned out. I tried to recreate the scene from the movie where they finally make it to the ice castle. All of the kids loved the cakes. I'll never get tired of my kids being so excited over their birthday cakes.
We had lots offriends and family join us for their party. We played old fashioned party games ( ie, the clothespin and cotton ball games from my childhood). The kids had a blast playing together and enjoying each other's company. It was fun for me to have so many little princesses join the party as well! Finn loved running around like a crazy man and especially loved the balloons and his new car from Nana and Papa.


































No comments:
Post a Comment