Sunday, March 1, 2009

Chinchilla Homework

The good thing for Liam about having a mom who is a student is that he sees good(well mostly good. :P) study habits at work. He often tells us when he is coloring or looking at books that he is doing his homework or studying things. Most of my homework is on the computer so he associates the computer with homework.

Like with his train creation, he also has created his own computer consisting of two books (see photo below) and then he sits and types and 'plays computer.' It's pretty cute.

Well, yesterday he took this to a new level and decided that he was doing homework, but not only was he doing homework, he told us, word for word, that he was "doing my chinchilla report." Apparently after seeing chinchillas on "Go, Diego, Go!" he is now obsessed with them. I also was impressed that he thought through the whole process of doing a report about them.

I guess I should really ask him to tell me his report on them. I wouldn't be surprised if I learned something new-- seems to be the trend with him lately. We are constantly surprised by him and the things that he comes up with! Let's just hope he keeps the homework enthusiasm when he is actually required to do it.

No comments: