I've been dying to knit a hat for quite some time, but it was very intimidating to me. Erica and I decided we needed to expand our knitting horizons and headed down to a knitting store here in Reno called "Jimmy Beans Wool." It was a very good decision on our part. They were so helpful and gave us great ideas. I saw these baby hats and decided that that was what I was going to make. I also decided to be daring and stripe the colors AND knit in the round, both things I had never done before. With Erica and the help of many
youtube videos, I completed my very first hat! I'm very happy with how it turned out. It's not perfect and I still need to hand wash it to smooth the wrinkles, but I'm pleased. It's also very, very soft.

However, my first hat story is not without tragedy. ;) I was doing
sooo well until the very end of the hat where I was down to four stitches. In the round, this is difficult. So difficult in fact, that I BROKE the knitting needle. I didn't even know that was possible!! Thankfully I could fudge it because I was at the very end, otherwise it could have been devastating. ;) But, who knew, that one could break a knitting needle.

Hopefully this baby girl appreciates her mommy's hard work into this hat. I'm SURE she will, and even if she doesn't, I think it's going to look mighty cute on her.
1 comment:
Hi Holly, thanks fo visiting my blog. I have been catching up with your family...so excited about your little girl on the way!
I got Megan's life jacket on Amazon. It's by a company called Puddle Jumper. I have also seen them at Target. I have to say, they are AWESOME. I got Megan's for her birthday, and when I went home for the 4th, my sisters loved them so much that my mom went out and bought 5 more! They are coast guard approved, and the kids love them!
Let me know if you have any more questions. If you can't tell, I highly recommend them!
Elizabeth
Post a Comment