We had such a busy month and such coming up, that we decided to just have a small BBQ with family. The evening started off with a squirt gun fight with Papa.

I also went easy with the cake this year. I decided to attempt a red, white and blue Jell-O cake. I let Liam help me decorate and we went with a, surprise, surprise, Thomas combined with the Fourth of July theme. :)
It's impossible to get a decent photo of this kid. The minute the camera comes out he's making some sort of goofy face and giggling. Combine bunny ears from Papa and it's impossible to get a reasonable photo. Oh well, such is the life of a four-year-old. ;)
My Big FOUR year old!
Wes's parents brought his cousin Belle while they stayed with us. they had a great time playing "Pin the ONE on Thomas."

We had a wonderful BBQ with my parents, Wes's parents, Larry, GG and Grandpa-Great. The guys made delicious ribs and tri-tip. Yum!
The evening couldn't have been more perfect. It was one of those evenings where there was just a slight breeze, it wasn't too hot and we just had a wonderful time eating and enjoying each other's company. I am not sure if it was the pregnancy hormones or what, but it was just one of those moments where you look around and recognize how blessed you are. Sure, there is weeds and a dead hot tub in the backyard and maybe the carpet has a few spots, but being surrounded by such great family and being happy and healthy is all that matters.
Liam had so much fun opening gifts and reading the cards to everyone.
It definitely is the year of Thomas for us. He got trains, Tidmouth sheds, a train table, books, and many wonderful gifts. He couldn't have been more thrilled!
My attempt to make the inside of the cake red, white and blue. Turned out pretty well I think. :)
Probably the highlight of the evening was when we told Liam to make a wish before blowing out his candles. I could have guessed a million things that he'd wish for, but I'd never have guessed correctly. "I wish... I wish... I wish to be a scarecrow when I grow up!" I don't even think he knows what a scarecrow is... hahah
My parents got Liam this Thomas the train conductor hat for his birthday. He didn't take that thing off for two days and asked me if he "could maybe just wear it in the tub for a few minutes..." :) He and Belle had a lot of fun playing with the new parts to his train set as well. What a blessed little boy he is! Thank you to everyone for making his day so special!
No comments:
Post a Comment