Tuesday, September 21, 2010

35 Weeks

Liam snapped this photo of me this morning for my 35 week belly shot. (hence the reason I sort of look like the Leaning Tower of Pisa).
He did a pretty good job, don't ya think?

Anyway, I can't believe I'm 35 weeks! It's pretty crazy to think that our little girl could be here in 5 weeks or less (or more, but let's go with less). We've been busy, busy with our preparations for her arrival. The room is painted, the crib and cradle are up, the car seat and swing and bouncy are all washed and put back together, etc, clothes are washed, folded, and ready to go. :D I also have sort of started to make a pile for our hospital bags. Next week our midwife wants to do an ultrasound to make sure little girl is head down and we'll also be going over our birth plan again. We're all registered at the hospital, so it's nice to have that done as well. It's pretty surreal to me because it feels like this pregnancy has gone so fast!

I'm almost to the point where I feel ready to be done being pregnant, due to the aches and pains and pregnancy insomnia, but I still really enjoy feeling her kick and move and hiccup. She seems to be active 90% of the day and has hiccups at least twice a day. :D Wes loves to watch her alien-like movements in the evenings when we are reading or watching TV. She's got some pretty powerful kicks! I'm still not sure, though, that I'm ready to have two kids, so I'll take the next 5 weeks to adjust to that idea. ;) However, I'm sure that even though an adjustment period will be required, she'll fit in just perfectly to our family.

Liam is super excited to meet his baby sister. He talks to her and sings to her and blows bubbles on my belly. I also feel like he might be a tad apprehensive to the changes coming our way, so we're doing our best to prepare him and give him a little extra love and be a little more understanding with his behavior. However, overall, he's very, very excited to meet our baby. :) He LOVED hearing her heartbeat at the midwife last week and enjoyed telling everyone what it sounded like.

So, that's our update. Hopefully, I'll post some photos of Addy's nursery soon, once all of the finishing touches are complete. It's coming together beautifully. We're getting more and more excited to snuggle our little girl and see her sweet face.

PS- This is probably the first time in the last nine months that I'm 100% caught up with blogging! Hooray! So, be sure to check out all the new posts below this one.

No comments: