These were some of the pears before. I didn't get a before shot of all 42 lbs because I was anxious to get them cooking!
We did a slow cooker recipe for the pear butter. It was pretty easy and I think it turned out pretty well.
My mom made it in that weekend to help me and I decided to try pear honey with the rest of the pears. It turned out to be a LOT more work than the butter. We did them in a pot and tried our best to cook it evenly without burning. Needless to say, my kitchen was covered in sugar by the end of the honey cooking. :D However, the honey is delicious. Liam was anxious to help us with our canning. :D
And here is our finished product:
We got about 30 jars total, which I was pretty happy with, however, next time I'll know a little better when I'm getting myself into when I sign up for a 42 lbs box of pears. Thanks for all the help, mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment