Liam was beyond excited for the weekend. He was, however, nervous about the loud sounds of the parade. He did not forget them from last year. However, we stole some of Papa's ear plugs and that solved out problem. Here are the cute cousins with their best cheeser faces waiting for the parade to begin.

We had to teach Liam and Izzy to be aggressive when running out to get the candy. The bigger kids (and parents, really) were snatching it up from them. Eventually they got the hang of it and got some candy. :) Liam learned how to work the floats and yell and wave for candy. :)

We spent the evening at the Fairgrounds selling raffle tickets for Operation Local Support and doing all the fun fair things. I was participating in a scavenger hunt where you had to blow a bubble bigger than your head. I think I accomplished that at the fair. :)
They even had a turtle for the kids to admire.
The highlight of everything had to be the rides. They waited so, ok well really not, patiently while we were selling raffle tickets to go on the rides. They were a huge success. This boat ride was a lot of fun for the kids. Izzy yelled, "Titi! We're having fun!"
And the train. Of course they had to ride the train. Lucky kiddos got to drive the train even.
At one point they all decided they wanted to climb into Peyton's stroller.
This was a very cute ride. When their little basket got to the top, Izzy looked down with big eyes and said, "Mom! This is not even scary!"
Can you find them?
Who wouldn't love this cute little ham bone?

We didn't want to walk the kids up to the top of this ride, so we enlisted the help of my old baby-sitting charge, Michaela Davis (crazy to think she's old enough!), to take our kids to the top of the slide. The kids loved it. And thankfully, Liam didn't choke Izzy on the way down. I guess he took his job of holding onto her very seriously.
We had a lot of fun and I'm sure I'll be hearing about it until next year. :D
1 comment:
Looks like your boat trip was TONS of fun.. and very relaxing. The fair looks super cool too, Liam is growing up so much and Izzy wow she has really grown up! THanks for the update, I always wonder how you are doing!
Post a Comment