Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Addy's First Bath


On November 1, Addy had her first official bath!  Yes, her little cord stump fell off, so she got to take a real bath. I was nervous she would hate it as much as her sponge baths, but she loved it! 

Things really are different with your second child.  I remember with Liam I couldn't wait for the cord to fall off so that he could get his first real bath, but with Adelyn, I was a little sad because I knew this was just one of many milestones to come meaning she's getting a little older (granted, she was only like 11 days old).  Not that I wanted to glue the stump back on or anything :), I think you just cherish the now moments a little more with your second baby because you know just how quickly they go.  However, we did have a lot of fun giving her her first bath.

Liam has been waiting for the day where she could take a bath in this little tub next to him. He was in seventh Heaven. He loves her so much. :)
Again, I guess the flash lightens up her hair considerably for pictures.  She enjoyed sucking on her hand throughout her bath. ;)

And here she is in her post-bath cozyness. I just love babies fresh out of the bath, all snuggly in their jammies.  This also shows off her head full of hair and her cute ruffle-bum. :)  Girl clothes sure are a lot of fun.

These photos just crack me up. Again, crazy hair, but you can see that she really did enjoy her bath.  Love those chubby cheeks.
Bright-eyed and bushy tailed!

No comments: