Sunday, January 23, 2011

Three Months!

I can't believe it's that time again!  Miss Adelyn turned three months old on Friday.  We have had an eventful couple of days, so here are a few things that are happening with our three-month-old:
-She is ALL smiles now.  As hard as it was for her to give us those first smiles, it's now very easy to get them. She started doing it consistently about 3 or so weeks ago and hasn't stopped. :)
-She loves to play on her floor mat and talk and talk to her toy bugs. She also loves to grab their little feet and shake them wildly!
-She is still an excellent sleeper. In fact, yesterday, she slept from 9pm-7:30am.  Good job, Addy!  However, as good as she sleeps at night, we still haven't gotten ahold of naps yet. She's a serious cat-napper.  Sammy, our baby-sitter, will get her on a nap schedule. ;)  She worked miracles with Liam, so I know she will with Adelyn, too. ;)  At least I'm holding out hope for it.
-She had her first little runny nose and cold this week. :(  Thankfully, it resolved very quickly and she's back to herself!
-The big thing that's been happening this week is that, tmi, I found a little blood in her stool. :(  I took her into the doctor and they think she has a milk sensitivity.  I was REALLY hoping that I wouldn't have to go through any of this with her, but alas, here we go.  :(  So, we've had to use a special formula for three days to give her bowels a rest while I go completely dairy free. The good news is that most babies outgrow this by 4-6 months, so I'm hoping for 4!  It's been VERY challenging not being able to nurse her for the last day and a half all the time, but I've still been nursing her here and there for comfort.  I think I need it as much as she does. ;)  I've been surfing the net for tips on going dairy-free and wandering the aisles of Whole Foods for dairy free products.  If anyone has any tips for me, I'd greatly appreciate it!
-At her doctor appointment, with all of her clothes on, she weighed 13 lbs even.  :)  Way to grow, Addy!  At 2 months, she weighed 11.4 lbs, so she's done a very good job growing in the last month.


I can't believe our baby is three months old already.  Even though it's gone so quickly, we can't remember what life was like without our sweet girl. :)



No comments: