Sunday, June 26, 2011

Yerington Centennial

Last Saturday after I got off of work we headed to Y-town for the Lyon County Museum's open house, which was in honor on the Yerington Centennial Celebration. There was also a car show going on the same day, and then we also stayed to celebrate Father's Day. My dad is on the museum board and participated in the blacksmith exhibit. He and David Warr were working right in there making stuff and sweating in the heat with the fire. It was really cool to watch them do it and neat that my dad is a part of the museum. He took Liam immediately to the train exhibit, and anyone that knows my son, knows that is the way to his heart. He spent a LOT of time watching the train set up and naming the trains, etc. :) Then, Mr. Tognoli let him get up into the train and ring the bell. He said he's only ever let 4 people do that before! Liam was in HEAVEN and we had to drag him away...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Here is my mom and Addy in front of what was the oldest Texaco station in NV, otherwise known as Hillygus station.  As a kid, I remember going there and Mrs. Hillygus would fill us up, wash our windows, and then give us a kids a dum-dum.  :)  I'm so glad it's part of the museum now.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My mom was so excited that "Patsy Cline" was going to be down at the car show. Ever since I was a little girl, Patsy Cline music has been mine and my dad's thing.  I know all of her songs and I'm sure I still have the tape around here somewhere.  However, when we got down to the 'show' I was VERY disappointed. It was someone HORRIBLY lip syncing and throwing around objects.  Seriously ghetto and a disgrace to Patsy Cline! I had to take a picture just to show the utter ghettoness of it all.
Photobucket
Addy enjoyed her first ride up on daddy's shoulders and giggled away. So sweet!
Photobucket

Photobucket 
Aunt Pam and Bill had their car in the show, but sadly we didn't get any photos of it. :(  Even though 'Patsy Cline' was a disappointment, we had a wonderful time and the museum was great! I'm so glad that we went.

No comments: