Saturday, July 30, 2011

Monster Bash!

Months ago I had seen a blog that posted a monster party that the author had created and fell in love. I shared the idea with mom stating that we wouldn't be doing it because 1) Liam was afraid of monsters and 2) it seemed like too much work.  I hadn't even read all the instructions on the stuff she did, but just forgot about it until one day when my mom mentioned it to Liam. Of course, Liam thought it was a great idea and had recently fell in love with Monsters, Inc and though monsters were cool. Not to mention he rode that ride 5 times at Disneyland.

So our monster party was born and I got really into the ideas from the blog. After reading through it, it didn't seem that hard and I didn't think it would take that long.  Those are *always* my thoughts that are usually wrong when I start projects. 

But, it actually really was a lot of fun. We created felt monsters to hang above the table and to give as party favors.  It was fun using Wes and my imaginations to make these. The kids thought they were great. Then, instead of cake, we made create-your-own-monster cupcakes. The body parts were all made of candy melts and my mom made fading rainbow cupcakes. So cool!  Liam was soo happy that Grandma from Washington and Uncle Beannie from LA could come to the party.  Of course we put them to work!  And his daddy did a great job making cool frosting hair for the monsters.


Photobucket

Everything turned out better than I even imagined and Liam was over the moon. (do you see my Happy Birthday banner I made to hang up for every birthday??).  It was sooo cute and the kids loved everything.  We had his cousins, friends from Sammy's, a daughter of one of my work friends, and a couple of kids from church. The kids were sooo sweet and they all were so polite and had so much fun.  We played 'pin the eyeball on the monster (daddy drew the monster)', had a water balloon toss, and a monster pinata! I think the pinata was the hit  of the party.  The kiddos had so much fun creating their monster cupcakes and I think the grown ups did, too. ;)  Liam and I made he and Addy's monster shirts, which turned out so cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
My big five-year-old before the party he's been waiting a year for!
Photobucket
With his sweet sissy:
Photobucket
Addy thought the monsters were super cool too!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Izzy loves to hold "Miss Adelyn."
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Wes was a little concerned we'd have a 'funniest home video' moment. Thankfully, we didn't.
Photobucket
Candy!  Brooklynn Sena couldn't believe candy came out of a monster!!
Photobucket
Liam had been practicing because he wanted to blow all the candles out in one breath, just like Papa did. He missed one, but he'll keep practicing!
Photobucket
Morgan and Avery from Sammy's house, who Liam refers to as 'his girls.'
Photobucket
Brooklynn Sena and Izzy. Sweet, sweet girls.
Photobucket
Peyton making the most out of his cupcake:
Photobucket
One of the masterpieces. Tentacles, fangs and eyeballs. Also showcasing Nana's fancy cupcakes that Liam exclaimed were, "Exactly what I wanted!"
Photobucket
Sammy's house buddies:
Photobucket
Peyton loves to love on Addy. Soooo sweet.
Photobucket
Lots of wonderful gifts ! (leapster from Grandma and Grandpa)
Photobucket
And an exhausted post-party boy playing with his new leapster.
Photobucket

What a wonderful day filled with such awesome family and friends.  Liam is *such* a lucky boy to have a life filled with so much love and joy.  Thank you to everyone who made it special.

No comments: