Monday, February 13, 2012
Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary Visit
This is a continuation of my backtrack of iPhone photos (see previous post). At the end of October, my Great Uncle (my dad's mom's brother) Joe and his wife Mary came to visit us. Over the last 5 or so years we've gotten to spend more time with them and know them better. It's a neat opportunity because my Uncle Joe reminds me SO much of my Grandmother Batista (my dad's mom). They have the same facial expressions and mannerisms and when I'm visiting with him, I feel like a part of my grandma is here too. My grandmother never got to meet any of her great-grandchildren, so it was special that my Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary did. (I found I was pregnant with Liam the day my Grandmother died). Anyway, this was the first time they had met Heather and my children (they used to live in Ely, but now they live in Idaho). 4 kids, 5 and under is quite the handful, but they really enjoyed them! The kids had a lot of fun with their canes. ;) Here is a picture with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary and their four great-nieces and nephews!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment