Sunday, August 24, 2014

Vacation!

We finally were able to make time for a family vacation to Washington this summer! The kids were so so excited!  It was also our first road trip in our new van, which was a treat with our built in DVD player.  Aunt Bethy was able to come along and help which was a huge help as well. The road trip went ok. I'd had a bad sinus infection, so that didn't make driving over hills very fun, but over all the kids did great. Finn wasn't a huge fan, but as long as Frozen was playing he did ok.
 photo A2FD3182-92E3-44D0-B432-96C515AE17D0_zps0eymmnzp.jpg

The first night and day I got to spend with my twin, Jana. We always have so much fun together and I always feel right at home when I am with her.  Addy stayed the night with me at her house and she and Ellie had a BLAST together.  We went to a Japanese restaurant and did a little shopping.The girls thought it was hilarious to hold the mannequin's hands. Silly girls. We then ventured into Portland and went to a famous ice cream shop called Salt and Straw! It was AMAZING.  Aaron then took us down to see the bridge that he's been working on for the last couple of years, which was so cool. He even gave Wes one of their project t-shirts and Liam a guide to Portland's bridges, which he loved because he's been super interested in bridges since their bridge unit in GT.  That evening we played a couple of intense games of Pandemic. It was super fun.  The next day, Aaron graciously offered to watch the kids so Jana and I could drive into Portland to do some fabric shopping and go to the Disney store and Panera bread. We had such a wonderful time together. I sure miss her but am thankful we got some time together!
 photo 37258BDE-898F-49D0-B3A2-06E0948D845D_zpsdqkfdbbg.jpg

  photo C93A24AF-5C5F-4F28-911B-020D75D6DA4E_zpsyfpnnxlm.jpg

 photo DC26A631-3018-4AB8-8892-BADFE71D7448_zpseb8dd1ru.jpg

 photo FBA10EE6-0E8F-4150-96FE-37D8BB61073E_zps4tls0jco.jpg

 photo 9B8F1F66-FEAF-43D1-8025-30434A564963_zpsbasau9yx.jpg

 photo FE54FAB3-2B1D-4DD8-A9EB-7480F931A523_zpslfhdnunx.jpg

 photo 36552D0F-4033-4BAB-9F5D-A6136434C032_zpsyda8totv.jpg

 photo 1D77DF5F-08AD-4ADD-A07B-A270C69E48ED_zpsa0yydyj2.jpg

 photo 69834AFF-E8AB-479E-A717-0254B320C149_zpslwfc7evq.jpg

 photo 087ED0B1-8BF5-42DD-9025-4ADA3F21C8C5_zpsehruos1k.jpg

 photo DSC_0099_zps067388f7.jpg

 photo DSC_0103_zpsf9107281.jpg 
  photo DSC_0089_zps0f793fa8.jpg

  photo DSC_0095_zps6f31e497.jpg

 photo DSC_0092_zpsed4b6ec4.jpg

No comments: