Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

We had such a wonderful Mother's Day today! I hope everyone had a wonderful one, too!

First we went to church with Nana and Papa. They gave all the moms little geraniums to plant. :) Then Liam made me the most adorable picture in Nursery. I would have posted a picture of it, but I left it at my sister's house. It's a cutout (on foam) of his little hand in green on a flower pot with little foam flowers at the end of each finger and says something about how moms nuture their children like flowers to grow up beautifully. It's my favorite gift!

I also got the first book in the "Twilight" series. I'm so excited to do some enjoyable reading--not just textbooks. I'm going to get lots of fun reading in over the summer before the nursing school craziness hits! I also got a beautiful bouquet in a vase of my favorite gerbera daisies. They are beautiful. :) I'm such a lucky mommy-- not just because of my lovely gifts, but because I have the most wonderful son and husband EVER!

We went to Heather and Shaawn's house for an afternoon bbq. It was so nice to relax and play games. Heather and Shaawn got me an adorable framed photo of Izzy and my mom got me a vegetable strainer and stethoscope(well I get to pick one out-- I'm thinking pink!) :) Here are some photos from our afternoon of fun! Thanks, everyone, for a great Mother's Day!
I just think that this photo of Liam is so cute-- He loves Heather's dog Lucky. :)
Here is a hilarious photo of Liam and Titi. We now tell Liam to show us his teeth when we want him to smile, so Titi was also demonstrating. :)
Bubbles, as always, a HUG hit. :0
And I love this picture of Isabelle. Isn't she such a pretty girl. She would make this pursed lip face everytime I got out the camera. It's adorable, isn't it?
And now the traditional posed Mother's Day photos-- Don't you love Wes's "I *heart* Hot Moms" shirt? He thought it was appropriate for Mother's Day. Nana with her girls and grandbabies.
Heather's little family. Heather-- I think we know where Izzy gets her 'pirate' look from, now. haha.Four generations with G. G. :)

1 comment:

The Finlays said...

I didn't know you were a reader. If you want some great books for the summer I have a stack you can look through. Looks like you had a great Mother's Day. I love your new quote in your title as well.