Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!

We've had such a fun couple of days with Wes's family here! Today we especially had a lot of fun. We celebrated Grandma and Liam's Birthday today together since they won't be here for Liam's and today was Grandma's. It gave me the oppotunity to practice using fondant for Liam's birthday party. This isn't what Liam's cake will look like, but I wanted to just practice with the ball pan and fondant. It's pretty cute, but not perfect, nor did I expect it to be seeing as I am no professional and it was my first time. But, I must say I couldn't have done it without Erica's help! Thanks, Erica. I'm not going to give Liam's real birthday cake identity away, but it will be super cute!
We also went to the sprinkler park and had fun. Liam proved to be starting young as a 'ladies' man'. He took immediately to chasing a little 3-year-old girl around. Pretty soon he was chasing three of them. Then he got distracted by a steering wheel(typical boy). Then all of the girls gathered around him pulling on his arms saying "Chase us, baby!" He just ignored them. I guess I am still his number one girl. We then went to the regular park and he and Uncle Ben and Daddy jumped like monkeys and had wayyy too much fun.
Last but not least, Liam also got his birthday gift from Grandma and Opa today: a scooter!! He loves it. He got it complete with a Cars helmet and knee pads. It was quite possibly one of the cutest things I've ever seen. He hasn't quite got the kinks worked out with how to ride it, but he's getting it and is having lots of fun. He also got an amazing bubble machine from Auntie Beth!! Needless to say, he's in Heaven.Well, that's it for now--Murphys pics later!






3 comments:

Jana Banana said...

is that a FROG cake i see????

Kayci said...

Super cute! Where's the sprinkler park?

The Finlays said...

Your cake looks good. Where is that sprinkler park? My kids are dying to do something like that!