Thursday, September 18, 2008

First Real Day of Clinical



I survived my first real day of clinical: changing lots of bed pans and all. And, the best part is, I REALLY enjoyed it. It was wonderful working with and caring for patients, even though we didn't really get to do much 'big time' stuff, you have to start somewhere. So we got to help feed a patient, change bed pans, watch a removal of a foley, fun things like that! I really love the unit we're on, but that could just be because we got a really cool RN to shadow and help us. He was awesome. The only killer? I am DEAD tired. We have to be there at 6:30 and, although we're only there until 2:15, I'm really going to have to adjust to being on my feet all day, especially after just having adjusted to sitting through three hour lectures. haha. Good thing I have some time to get used to it before I'm working 12 hour shifts. haha. So, Liam and I took a little snooze on the couch and watched Dora when we got home. Even though I'm overwhelmed by all the duties of the nurse, I'm really excited to get into the nitty gritty of it all. :)

No comments: