Really, what do parents know anyway? Just when I think I know my child's every move, he surprises me!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
"Must have been a good landing..."
I've mentioned before that it is a rare occasion when my son falls asleep anywhere but his bed. I was a little nervous about this on our flight to Washington as it was right in the middle of nap time and I just knew he'd be a bear the entire time. He was VERY excited to get to ride in an airplane though and threw his arms up in the air at take off yelling "weee!" even though I could tell he was a bit apprehensive about it. He was all smiles, though.
About 15 minutes before we were to land in Boise(we had a layover in Boise before we made it to Portland), he fell asleep. This was even more of a problem because if he doesn't get a long enough nap(and even if he does) he is a monster after he wakes up. So, I would rather he not have even taken the cat nap. I just *knew* he would of course wake up when we landed. Landings are seriously LOUD.
As we approached, Wes and I were both prepared for him to SCREAM when he woke up when as we were landing(we're quite the optimists aren't we?) But, he didn't. Then, we thought for sure he would wake up when we stopped at the gate. But, he didn't. We just knew he absolutely would wake up when it was our time to get off. But, he didn't. So Wes just unbuckled the carseat and carried him off the plane. As we were walking up the ramp, the pilot stated "Must have been a good landing..." I guess so!
So, of course, I just knew the minute we put him down in the airport he'd wake up. Again, he didn't.
Still not awake.
About 45 minutes later as we were getting ready to board the next plane, he woke up. And he wasn't even a bear! The rest of the ride up there was great. He exclaimed every time he looked out the window that he saw Spiderman and Ghosts. ???!?!?!?! I don't even know how he knows about either thing. Then he kept making sure to point out to everyone that he saw Grandma's house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hahaha what a wonderful story the pictures are hilarious. Oh wow... truly a blessing. what were you guys doing in WA? you are so close,,,, yet still so far...
Post a Comment