Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Santa Really Spoiled Us This Year

Santa truly was good to us this year. A few weeks before Christmas, a woman at Wes's work asked him if he would like to buy a raffle ticket to raise money for a local child who needs a heart transplant. Wes said "Sure" and bought a $5 raffle ticket, knowing every little bit helps when it comes to those types of things. The night before finals, I was studying in the living room with a friend and I hear Wes yell out a "Whoo!!" I run in to see what it was and he was on the phone with someone saying we won the raffle grand prize: A Nintendo Wii and Wii Play with an extra controller! We were so excited. I then began to think that we should donate it back to the child and talked to Wes about it. Come to find out, the reason they chose the Wii to raffle was because it is the child's favorite game that he has and he wanted to say "Thank You" by offering someone who chose to help him the same fun. That made me feel better. I saved it for Christmas morning so it would be extra special. We really do feel like Santa brought it to us.Everyone, even Grandpa Great enjoyed playing the Wii on Christmas day.


Liam really loves it and always wants to play when everyone else is playing. Giving him our white remote to appease him and let him pretend he is playing no longer works. He figured out the difference. Aunt Pam found a candy tin in the shape of a Wii controller. So we weighted it down and taped it together and now he has fun the whole time we're all playing. Great idea, Aunt Pam!

If you are debating about whether or not you'd like to buy a Wii, it's definitely worth it. I'm fairly anti-video game, but we've had a ton of fun with our Wii so far and we still have just basic games. Highly recommended!

No comments: