Saturday, March 5, 2011

FINALLY!

Liam had been patiently waiting for some snow to fall. By this time last year we had gotten a good amount of snow, but so far our winter has been very, very mild.  Finally a week or two ago, we had a couple of good snow storms that brought us some snow.  Somehow, not sure how, BOTH storms happened to hit on mornings I was driving to work, which made for a stressful (and early!) commute for me to work and for Wes to take the kids to Sammy's and then to work. But, we survived.  I normally am not a big fan of the snow and winter, but I'd actually been missing it so I'm glad we got some and hope we get a bit more.

Liam enjoyed playing one morning out in the snow and Wes snapped some photos because I was at work.
Photobucket
I love this picture of our silly boy trying to do a snow angel.

Photobucket
Also, on this particular morning, Liam decided that he was going to get up on top of his dresser to look out the window at the snow. On his way off of the dresser, he fell and smacked his bottom teeth and knocked three of them pretty loose. At about 7:30 am I got a text from Wes saying "Liam fell of his dresser and his teeth a loose. What should I do?"  My first thought was, "Why was Liam on his dresser?" haha.  Anyway, thankfully we have an amazing dentist who met Wes at the office and wired Liam's bottom teeth together.  He got the wire removed yesterday and they are still a wee bit loose, but the dentist is confident that they will tighten back up.  If they don't, then they will just fall out a year earlier than normal. ;)  Liam thought it was pretty cool that he was only four and had 'braces.'  I feel like a horrible mother for not getting a photo of his wire before it was removed, but at least I've got the story documented now. 

So, anyway, we've been enjoying the little bits of snow here and there and here's hoping the next snow day is on a day when I'm off work--then we'd be able to enjoy it a bit more.

No comments: