Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grateful

I try very hard to be grateful for my blessings every single day.  But, some days the worries of the world or the stresses of today weigh heavily upon my shoulders and I feel overwhelmed. Not to mention, just the constant effort it takes to maintain a home, raise babies, nourish a marriage and excel at a full-time career. 

But, then there are those days.  Those days where I feel like my heart is about to burst with gratitude and love and appreciation for my Father in Heaven.  I'm SO grateful for my children.  I can't even express my love for them.  Every time I look at them or watch them learn something new, or watch them make a good choice, my heart swells.  They are very special souls and I don't know what I did to deserve to have the opportunity to care for them, nurture them, and love them. 
Photobucket
Liam is such a joyful spirit.  He tastes each moment of life and gets the most out of each day.  His enthusiasm for all things good is so contagious. He has such a good heart.  Lately, with all the tragedy in Japan, he has been so concerned with the welfare of the people that live there. He constantly asks if they are ok and if they should come to stay at our house while their homes are being rebuilt. He is such a daddy's boy. Those two are two peas in a pod.  Wes is such an amazing father and role model. I have no doubt that Liam will grow to become the kind of man that his dad is.  And I'm so proud of that.
Photobucket
Adelyn is truly our little angel. We prayed very hard for her to come to our family.  Where Liam was ready to jump out of the gates of Heaven to enjoy his Earthly life, Adelyn took her sweet time.  I learned a valuable lesson of patience while waiting for our sweet girl-- some things in life are worth the heartache of the wait.  She has such a sweet spirit.  She is so quiet and thoughtful.  She brings our family so much joy.  We are trying to cherish every moment of these wonderful baby days that go all too quickly, but we enjoy watching her grow and learn new things as well.
Photobucket
I am so grateful to be a mother.  Motherhood is such a divine privilege that I feel so blessed to be a part of. 

No comments: