Saturday, May 21, 2011

7 months!

We interrupt the vacation series of posts to bring you, Addy's 7 month picture! For some reason, 7 months seems so much older than 6 months. Maybe because it's closer to a year than to newborn? I don't know, but regardless, we've been having sooo much fun with our girl lately!
Photobucket
Here are a few tidbits about Miss Adelyn at 7 months old:
-On Monday, she weighed 14lbs 12oz(15th), was 26 1/4 inches long (50th), and I can't remember the exact head measurements but that was the 80th.   Dr. Tammy thinks she's perfect, even if she's getting a little smaller on the growth charts.  However, she thinks it's probably just because she's more active, but we'll go in for a weight check in 2 months just to make sure she doesn't drop anymore on her weight on the growth charts.
-She did awesome getting her shots. Before her appointment I told Liam we were taking her to the Dr for her shots.  He said he didn't want her to get shots because he doesn't like it when she cries. I explained to him the reason for the shots and asked why he doesn't want her to get them. He responded, "Because it makes my heart hurt when she cries."  Best Big Brother. Ever.
-She is becoming Miss Mobility!  She can roll across the room in just a minute or two.  She's also considering an army crawl. I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that.  Anyone who tries to teach her to crawl gets reprimanded by me!
-I'm pretty sure that she's cutting two more teeth.  EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING goes straight into the mouth and she chews away at it.  We're trying out a Baltic Amber Teething Necklace this time to see if we  can make things a little more comfortable with her.
-She LOVES to bounce like crazy in her jumperoo and exersaucer.
-She's always been a happy baby, but within the last month, I've really noticed that she's been exceptionally happy. She's smiles at everyone and everything and gets excited and giggles frequently. It's sooo much fun. I think her 7month photo illustrates her 7month personality perfectly!
-She's been loving her baby food. I wasn't so sure she was going to like baby food after her reaction to oatmeal, but she gobbles it right up!
-I've been having to get a little more creative with girlfriend's WILD hair. I keep thinking that it will tame out a little bit, but no such luck.  It's still growing faster behind her ears so she has little wings. It is starting to grow a little more in the front now, but occasionally I'll put it in piggies which is super cute, even if it does make her look pretty bald in the front.  We've been noticing more of a reddish tint to her hair. Not sure if that will stick or not, but it definitely isn't lightening up as quickly as we thought it would.
Photobucket
Can't believe we're celebrating 7 months today!

No comments: