Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Run or Dye

So, I had a random, dumb idea to run a 5K and made my friend Natalie commit to it with me.  Wes decided he wanted in too and a couple of other friends.  I committed to a sugar free month so that Natalie would commit to the run. About the time I committed to the run, I got in my accident and started my new job so I had about zero time to train, which isn't the best idea, especially when the course is at the very hilly UNR.  Regardless, we plugged along and decided to go with it and do it- if not just for fun!  So, all of the girls on 'my' team are Mormon, moms and breastfeeding so we decided to name ourselves the Mormon Milking Mamas. Wes' team was "Fat Paintballer". :)  We were creative, right?

The day of the race was super hot, but we were excited. Unfortunately, the race wasn't super organized and it was hot, but we did have a great time!  We both ran and walked and did the race in about 19 minutes which wasn't too terrible!  We definitely scared the kids when we got home!  And we definitely had colored snot for a few days...
 photo C27B457C-E261-4B31-933A-2D8936868B4F-29724-00000D83E3E290E2_zps53adde36.jpg

 photo 428D1865-D5EE-479D-9F52-3340A7136550-29724-00000D83F0B7C82A_zps44b9de12.jpg

 photo B8EE1B79-F77C-4C26-B954-59415941FC76-29724-00000D83FFCB0D71_zps04d710d5.jpg

 photo 112DFC4E-1041-4319-A094-58A3DB766065-29724-00000D840B9ECC2C_zpscb85bd41.jpg

 photo 058866B1-3752-4A6F-A4F7-5B66A9B4F739-29724-00000D842DB0208C_zps34e5aaf9.jpg

 photo 50B37A29-C650-42EE-85F6-1923D061995D-29724-00000D841BDDB672_zpsa89f1113.jpg

No comments: