Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Girls' + One Little Boy Weekend!

I apologize ahead of time for the pictures being out of order. I have to figure out why my blogger isn't letting me see the images in the compostion screen.
Anyway, our trip started off well, considering that morning we did Liam's allergy test. The kids mostly slept to Roseville and we got out and did some shopping so they could have a break. However, the rest of the way to Murphys became a screaming competition between Liam and Izzy! In the words of Liam: "Oy Vey." It was such a relief to finally get up to my Aunt's cabin and get the kids in bed(even if it did take Liam about 2 hours to get to sleep!!)
The next day we took the kids swimming. It was relaxing and fun. Liam liked stealing other kids' and Izzy's turtle floaties(niiiice). Luckily, they were more than willing to share. We even got him to jump in and go under water! yay!
Wednesday we went to Big Trees State Park. Liam crashed in the car on the way there, so we had a picnic and waited for him to wake up before going on a short little tour. He looked like such a big boy standing there 'listening' to the Ranger with all the other kids. That is, until he turned to one of the kids with his fingers in his ears shouting "EARS!" On the little nature walk they had little podiums telling about the trees, etc, but Liam decided they were podiums like at church. Therefore he conducted his music and then folded his arms for prayer at each one. It was hilarious. (click on the picture to enlarge it and fully appreciate his cuteness!)We also had fun blowing bubbles and seeing the big bear! Izzy enjoyed the afternoon sleeping peacefully on her mommy.
That afternoon after we got back to the cabin Liam also decided to cover Isabelle with Diego stickers. She quite liked her new look.
We also got to enjoy shopping in downtown Murphys and visited a beautiful Winery. I got Liam a little monkey to hopefully become his comfort object as the binkie is getting ready to hit the road. When I asked what he wanted to call the monkey he said "Daddy monkey!" but has now affectionately changed it to "Bob."
It was a nice getaway, but it's always good to be home, too. We sure missed daddy!
















1 comment:

Jana Banana said...

cute pictures I love the one where Liam is filling up the pool!! The one of him by the podium is so cute too!! What a reverent boy! Hey try my polls again I tried to fix them! Also I am so jealous you get to go swimming... but in a bout a month so will i on a beach... but until them I just get to enjoy it through you :) Also where did you get your swimming suit?? WAY CUTE