
If you notice in the previous post, you can get quite a good look at Liam's chompers with his silly face. I am very careful about making sure he doesn't eat sugary things or have juice regularly and about brushing, etc. Having been in dentistry for about 5 or so years, you would think I would have cavity free teeth. Nope. I brush, floss, fluoride, you name it. I still get those buggars. Anyway, I check Liam's teeth regularly. When he did his silly face for me, I noticed, to my horror, that there was a little dark spot on one of his molars. Being the composed mom that I am, I freaked. I felt like the worst parent in the entire world. I cried. Yes, I cried. I thought FOR SURE it was a cavity on my TWO year old. Who lets their TWO year old get a cavity?! If that wasn't crazy enough, I was half tempted to call my wonderful dentist, Dr. Childs, at home. However, I realized that was borderline insane and waited until Monday. Being the fantastic office that they are, they got Liam in on Tuesday for a little check. I was a little worried how he would do, but we practiced saying "AHHHHHH" and counting teeth before we went. He had a wonderful assistant(see above picture--Dr. Childs sneaked away too quickly to get a photo) who make the experience great. He got to go for a 'ride' in the 'purple chair' and Maria played puzzles with him to help calm his fears. Dr. Childs was awesome and let Liam count his teeth with him. Turns out that it's a little stain that hasn't penetrated the enamel yet. Thank goodness! However, he fluoride varnished his teeth and gave me some other fluoride to rub on the spot with a q-tip. He has to go back in three months(I'll get a picture then!) to check and makes sure it doesn't turn into a cavity. Let's just pray he doesn't inherit my soft teeth. Anyway, Liam was especially thrilled when he got to choose a little car from the toy box. After we got in the car to go home he said something along the lines of "Want to go to Dentist to ride in purple chair and get 'nother toy!" I think it was a success. Here he is at home showing me how he showed Dr. Childs his teeth and with his cool new car.

PS- Jen- I wish you could have been there! We missed you!
1 comment:
Holly I loved reading that post!! I could just imagine the whole thing. I am so glad that they found a wonderful assistant to take my spot. Maria is the best. I wish I could have been there too.I am so glad that Liam was good and that he has the best dentist in the world to have a good experience. Thanks for that Post Holly. It made me feel like I was at home reading it. By the way good luck with school. I think I know how you feel except I don't have a two year old to take care of. You can do it girl. We will go through it together and keep eachother pumped up and keep encouraging eachother. You will do great. Going to the temple is a good idea.
Post a Comment