Of course, I had to take the customary "First Day of School" photo. Unfortunately, mom, I had no one to take a photo of me with my backpack on and with my hand on the door knob showing my whole 'first day of school outfit' off. haha. But, Liam proudly showed off his "Dora Lunchbox" that he picked out all by himself from Nana. Yes, it's purple. Yes, it's sparkly, but I figured he is 100% boy all the other time and, he's two; Let him have a purple lunch box if he wants. Plus, he goes to a baby-sitter full of girls, what can you say? He was pretty excited to head to Sammy's today. This is the first time he'll be in day care full time since he was born, but even though I have some half day classes, I figure I can study in the afternoons and give him more undivided attention when we're home together.
Monday, August 25, 2008
I survived!
Welp, I can officially say I am one day into the Nursing Program. haha. It went great. I think they started us off easy! I feel very lucky because I get to carpool with three other girls down to the campus where our class is in Galena and have them for moral support. The class went great--we just jumped right into Cardiovascular Assesment. I'm really excited. I know it will be hard, but I am just taking things one day at a time and remembering that this is for the benefit of Me, Wes, Liam and our little family as a whole. :)
Of course, I had to take the customary "First Day of School" photo. Unfortunately, mom, I had no one to take a photo of me with my backpack on and with my hand on the door knob showing my whole 'first day of school outfit' off. haha. But, Liam proudly showed off his "Dora Lunchbox" that he picked out all by himself from Nana. Yes, it's purple. Yes, it's sparkly, but I figured he is 100% boy all the other time and, he's two; Let him have a purple lunch box if he wants. Plus, he goes to a baby-sitter full of girls, what can you say? He was pretty excited to head to Sammy's today. This is the first time he'll be in day care full time since he was born, but even though I have some half day classes, I figure I can study in the afternoons and give him more undivided attention when we're home together.
So, anyway, that's my report. Oh yeah, we did get a cool "Orvis School of Nursing" free recylced something-or-other bag today. Nice to know what my tuition pays for, eh? I would have rather had a free day planner like the good ole days, but nope, budget cuts, so I had to go to Target. Oh well, if that's my only complaint about today, all is well. :)
Of course, I had to take the customary "First Day of School" photo. Unfortunately, mom, I had no one to take a photo of me with my backpack on and with my hand on the door knob showing my whole 'first day of school outfit' off. haha. But, Liam proudly showed off his "Dora Lunchbox" that he picked out all by himself from Nana. Yes, it's purple. Yes, it's sparkly, but I figured he is 100% boy all the other time and, he's two; Let him have a purple lunch box if he wants. Plus, he goes to a baby-sitter full of girls, what can you say? He was pretty excited to head to Sammy's today. This is the first time he'll be in day care full time since he was born, but even though I have some half day classes, I figure I can study in the afternoons and give him more undivided attention when we're home together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Holly I am so happy that you had a good first day. My first day was pretty overwhelming. The second day found Caitlin and me in tears. It has been tough and a ton of work. We did get through the first week and have been studying non stop over the weekend. I have been thinking about you a ton and wondering how you have been doing. How was the rest of the week. Good luck with everything. Just remember one down fifteen to go!!!
Jen
Post a Comment