Monday, January 18, 2010

Christmas Morning

I thought for sure Liam would be up at the crack of dawn on Christmas morning. The truth is, I had a harder time sleeping because I was so excited for him. haha. We ended up having to wake him up so that we could open presents with Nana and Papa before they went to my sister's house. When I went in to wake him up I told him it was finally Christmas. His eyes shot open and he was pretty excited, if not still really sleepy. hehe. Wes caught some of us walking down the stairs to see what Santa had brought!

Good Morning!
A couple of days prior, I had wrapped the gift from my parents in Thomas paper and put it under the tree for him. It was PURE torture for him to look at that Thomas present and not be able to open it. He had apparently been thinking about it constantly because he went past his huge gift from Santa, also wrapped in Thomas paper, to get to the little Thomas one that he'd been eying for days. He was very happy with his kid tough digital camera and was the photographer of the day. :)

I was so excited for my mom to open her scarf. She loved it, especially because she was cold that morning.


Liam got a huge Thomas set from Santa. He was beyond thrilled and the pieces add on to a little set he got for his first birthday from friends. He's all set now!

As Christmas got closer, Liam, of course, started telling me something different that he wanted for Christmas. He started saying that he wanted Henry, on of Thomas' friends, from Santa. Of course, everywhere I looked, no Henry. Not even Toy'r'us that has everything Thomas. I kept looking whenever I went to the store, but no luck. Two days before Christmas I had to run into Target to get some last minute thing and just checked one more time. In the very back of all the trains was Henry waiting for Santa to pick him up for Liam! I was so excited and Liam was VERY excited as well. :)


Wes's parents got Liam a shirt that says "One Smart Cookie." He thinks it's pretty cool to have a shirt with a cookie on it. ;)
Liam was so excited to see everyone opening their gifts. he kept running around like crazy and collecting different pieces of wrapping paper on his body. At one point he had this little tail. It was pretty hilarious.
In our family, we always do stockings last. It is usually my favorite part of Christmas morning for some reason. When Santa Claus came to Liam's pre-school, Liam told him that he wanted a lollipop for Christmas. He was very excited to see a beautiful swirly lollipop in his stocking(which you can see in the post below!). He also got Ice Age, a new toothbrush and Toy Story Underwear. What more could a little boy want?
Dad and Larry enjoying their loot!
Wes and Liam had a lot of fun setting up his set. He was thrilled that the set had TWO tunnels. WOW!
We had the most fun playing with all of Liam's cool stuff!
I guess, since there are very few photos of anyone else opening gifts, that Christmas really is about the children! However, Wes and I were thrilled to get a garage door opener! Thanks, Mom and Dad. Wes got a paintball somethingorother that he was thrilled about from Santa and his parents. I got a Quickutz alphabet and a wide angle for my lens. I also got a canvas portrait from our wedding that I'm getting framed. I've wanted it for years and my mom finally got it for me this year. I'm so excited!!

We were very spoiled this year and got many more wonderful gifts. Thank you to everyone for your generosity. The greatest gift, of course, is the gift of the Savior that we can feel all year round. Our little family is very thankful for that.

No comments: