For those of you that don't know what all this means, in our church, children 18 months-3 years go to Nursery. Oh how Liam loved nursery! The January after they turn three they go up to Primary which is where kids 3-12 go for the last two hours of church. They are broken up into age groups for classes (the three year olds are called the Sunbeams) for one of those hours and then the other hour they are all together for a sharing time and singing time.
Anyway, the last week of December I took Liam to nursery like always and then went to pick him up only to find that they had let the soon-to-be-Sunbeams go to Primary to give it a try before they were official Sunbeams. I went to the Primary room and it hit me like a ton of bricks seeing my big boy sitting in his big chair with all of the big kids singing right along loving every minute of it. He just looked far too big! However, after this little trial, he couldn't wait to be a Sunbeam!
Finally the first Sunday of January came and Liam was officially a Sunbeam! Look how reverent he is! (yeah, right... ;))
Showing off his singing skills by singing "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam!"
Mommy and Liam being very excited for church!
Liam seriously has the sweetest teacher ever! Her name is Sister Romney and you can really tell how much she cares about the kids. I couldn't be more happy with his first experience in Primary. They learned about being a child of God and they got little crowns that say "I am a Child of God" on them. Liam told me all about it and asks to see Sister Romney every week. I'm so relieved because he REALLY loved his nursery teachers as well and I thought he may miss nursery, but having such a fabulous teacher helps. Anyway, she said the he did awesome on his first Sunday. She said the little Sunbeams were the most reverent class in the entire Primary. Just give them a few weeks... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment