Saturday, January 9, 2010

Knitting Knight Projects

As most of you know, I love to craft. I really love to make gifts for people for the holidays, but because of school I was unable to make as many as I wanted to. I'll be back and running next year. :D But, one Thursday in the beginning of December, I was going to accompany Erica to her ward (our old ward)'s enrichment knitting group. She had been telling me how she learned some new techniques and I was excited. So we were getting ready to go and she showed me how she's learning to knit a really beautiful, soft scarf and I just loved how it was coming out. I decided that I needed that to be my project for the knight (I seriously typed 'night' this way. I thought I'd leave it so you can really see knitting is on the brain. hehe I had to change the title of my post after this little freudian slip), so we headed to Michael's to pick out yarn. Well, I found one that looked just like my mom and her jacket, so I decided to try and finish it before Christmas.

Sadly, knitting knight (hehe) got cancelled due to snow that night and we missed the memo. The kids were already playing and taken care of, so we went to my house and started our projects. I was surprised how fast the scarf went and worked hard on it the next couple of days. I actually ended up finishing my mom's scarf in less than a week, so I decided, 2 weeks before Christmas, to make one for my sister. I finished it on Christmas Eve. Anyway, I LOVED how they came out and had so much fun making them.

Erica finished a few for gifts and such as well. So, between the two of us, we'll have made a scarf out of every color of the Homespun yarn at Michael's by the end of our scarf adventure I'm sure. I'm making another one for a gift and one for Wes currently, so there will be plenty more photos in the coming months. ;) Erica is working on a couple more herself. Hopefully we'll learn a new project next knitting knight so we won't get burnt out on scarves. It really is just too much fun.

The first photo is of my mom's scarf. The second two are of Heather's. The colors are hard to see in the photos, but my mom's is sort of an aqua color with a touch of some purple and grey. Heather's is a slatey blue with a tiny bit of green and grey in it.


This last photo is of my mom and I the day after Christmas getting ready to start bargain hunting. Doesn't it look great with her jacket? :)

No comments: