Jana and I met in Germany and I stayed with her family while I was in between families. We immediately hit it off and spent many hours talking about boys, life, etc. ;) It was one of my sweetest memories of Germany. After I came home, Jana and her family moved to New Mexico and we continued our deep friendship through AOL instant messenger and many e-mails! When Wes and I got married, Jana was my maid of honor. She came all the way to Portland for our wedding. That was the first time we had seen eachother since we lived in Germany. Then again, a year and a half later, when Liam was 6 weeks old, we made the trek to Utah for her wedding in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. I wouldn't have missed it for the world! Since then, we have only seen each other once when they lived in Washington and it was only for a few hours, so this was a treat to be able to get to really visit and hang out!
The day they got here, we went up the temple so they could see the Reno temple. :) It was very chilly! This is the same snow from when I graduated, so it lasted quite a while.

For New Year's Eve, Aaron shared his family tradition of cheese fondue with us. It was amazing. I LOVE cheese fondue. mmm....
Aaron also brought his banjo along. Wes and Liam thought it was pretty cool!
Aaron got "Das Original Malefiz Spiel" for Christmas aka Baricade and we enjoyed playing it for like 3 hours. Jana and I tried our hardest to beat Wes and Aaron by ganging up on them, but it didn't work. I was seriously SO close to winning and then Aaron beat me. Sheesh. Well, I guess he deserved to win first because it was his Christmas present.
On New Year's Day, Wes and Aaron were so kind to install my new garage door opener before they went paintballing. We made delicious homemade pizza. Yum!
Jana helped me to make a flannel rag quilt I've been dying to make. I'm not going to post finished pictures just yet, though. :) But, we spent most of New Year's Day sewing and it was a lot of fun. Thanks, Jana.
The guys had a great time playing paintball. They think they're pretty funny.
Thanks for the wonderful visit guys. Can't wait to see you in March!
1 comment:
It was so much fun!!!! and i am glad we got to spend some REAL time together!
Post a Comment