Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Independent

Liam has been exercising his independence lately in the area of clothing. He loves to choose his own clothing and dress himself in the mornings. However, unless we're staying home all day (such as the case of General Conference Sunday), I have to have some say, otherwise he'd be going out in shorts with two different shoes and socks that are too small. ;) Last weekend we headed out for our evening walk and Liam insisted he still wear his jammy pants, orange oversized safety shirt, galoshes, hoodie and helmet. :) I'm at least glad safety is a priority to him as well.
We headed down to the park and played on the swings. He refused to remove the helmet, which knowing my child's coordination, is probably a good thing. However, it's pretty darn funny to watch him swing with his helmet on. Anyway, his new favorite thing to do with daddy is the 'under dog.' I love how these two play together. Every time Wes gives in to 'one more underdog, dad!' Liam just laughs and laughs and laughs.

I can only hope my happy boy continues to march to his own beat. :D

No comments: