Thursday, October 28, 2010

Our First Week

We've had a busy first week as a family of four.  Addy is a very easy-going baby and usually sleeps about 3 hours at a time.  She's nursing like a champ and is really a joy to have in our home. We love her so much!

 Liam is enjoying having Grandma here to play unlimited amounts of 'Go Fish' and 'Memory Match.'  They have taken many walks to the park together and painted quite a few pictures. :)

Here are some photos from Addy's first week on Earth. :D

Scott and La Resa came home to visit when we came home from the hospital.  Addy loved them.


Adelyn tried out her crib and she loved it.  I think I would like sleeping in her beautiful room and bed, too!
One thing that Addy does not enjoy is a sponge bath.  Look how red she is from screaming.  You'd never know that the heaters were on and it only lasted 3 minutes. haha.  Hopefully she'll like it when she gets to have a real bath.
Liam has also kept busy playing boxing and bowling on the Wii.  I thought he looked pretty cute boxing away here.
We took Addy to her little check up with our pediatrician.  She got dressed up in her Halloween gear and looked pretty darn cute.  Dr. Roesler told us what we already knew: she's perfect. :D  She has lost 4 oz, so she's at 7lbs, which is fantastic.  She was a tad yellow in her face, but it's going away due to sunbathing and lots of nursing, so it's nothing to worry about.
Before Adelyn was born, we bought the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."  I don't know how we never had it before, but I wanted it for Adelyn. Liam has been dying to read it but I made him wait for Addy to come. He's read it to every single night since we've been home. It's very sweet. He even shows her all the pictures.
Titi came over to visit and we played dress up.  I love her little angel outfit that Titi bought her.


Such a sweet face:
Liam went and got a hair cut while I was napping one day. He came back like this! 
We went on our first little outing. Where?  To Target of course!  She did fabulously and slept the whole time.
She loves to be bundled up and one night Wes went to bundle her and she was a total surfboard she was sleeping so soundly.  It was hilarious.
We knew she was a little yellow, so we did a little sunbathing. She loved that as well. She's a desert girl. :D



And last but not least, Liam and Grandma attended his pre-school Halloween party today. Who was he for Halloween, you ask?  Thomas, of course!  And a pretty darn cute one at that.

Life is good.

1 comment:

The Finlays said...

Love the picture of Addy that is right above Liam with his blue hair. Precious. I need to come hold her some more. Love the blue hair too. :)