Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Pumpkin Patch

We had a fabulous weekend. We watched general conference, lounged, ate yummy fall food, enjoyed the rainy weather, and nested (well, I made my family nest) for our baby girl's upcoming arrival! One thing that Wes and I think this is a lot of fun is belly painting. We did a giant flower on my belly right before Liam came in the middle of summer, so we thought a pumpkin would be perfect for our little fall girl. Liam got in on the fun as well (would you expect anything different?) The best part about all of this is that, I swear the minute the paint brushes came out, our entire neighborhood and door-to-door sales people all appeared on their front lawns and wondered what the heck the crazy neighbors were doing. Oh well, let them watch us have fun, right?



I had my 36 week appointment this week. All with good news. The baby is very, very low. She looked so cute on the ultrasound, but we couldn't really get any good photos because she's so big now. I did see her pudgy little hands-- so cute! We also got good news that I'm 2cm and 50% effaced. Our midwife really thinks that because the baby's head is so low and with my current progress, she'll be here in about 2-3 weeks. I know that probably curses me to being like 8 days late, but the news was encouraging nonetheless. :)

After that appointment, we kicked it into gear and finished up her room(pictures below), cleaned the house, washed the diapers, installed the carseat base, charged the camera battery, and all that good stuff. Now we're ready. I'm sure this means she'll take her sweet time getting here now, but I'm trying to be patient and let her come on her own terms. I'd like her to hang in there at least another week anyway. :D Time will tell. Let the baby wait begin!

No comments: