It's been quite the process from beginning to end, but we had a great contractor recommended to us by my sister and he did a great job and made the 'messy part' as painless as possible. Also, my dad graciously wired the room and hung 3 ceiling fans upstairs for us (they were sooo wonderful to have for a pregnant woman in a hot summer sleeping upstairs). Thanks, dad!
So here is the process in photos:
Our loft before (which I really loved because of the openness, but I know it will be much more useful now):
After the first day of construction, all framed:
View from our room:
A few more days into the process:
And then it was time to paint. Ahh the drama with painting. ;) I had decided a while ago that I wanted to paint the room yellow. I didn't realize how hard yellow paint was to pick. I chose "Optimistic Yellow" and, after about one wall was done, I was in tears (blame it on the hormones). It looked like a kindergarten classroom. Both my mom and Wes thought I was nuts, but I enlisted my mom's help and back to the paint store we went to find a 'baby yellow.' I am SO glad that we changed the color. I am MUCH happier with the new result. I wish I had a photo of the ugly yellow, but it's probably better that I don't so that I don't bring back the tears. ;)
Liam had to help, of course, and make a mess. :D But, it was fun, nonetheless.
And here is the finished product! I'm so happy with it! Wes's mom did a beautiful job making the curtains and the diaper hanger and Wes and I made the 'mosquito net mobile.'
This is the view from entering her room:
View from the bathroom door:
View from window:
Her bedding: (I was soo pleasantly surprised when I got it. It exceeded my cuteness expectations. I love the birds and owls.):
Her wall letters that I made:
And view of the bathroom door from the crib. We finally got the swamp cooler winterized and insulated and such this weekend. We figure we'll deal with that problem next summer. :)
All we need now is our little pumpkin!
1 comment:
super super cute I LOVE the room!!! and the yellow is fantastic!!! Haha.. mosquito netting.. hehe... it looks so cute. I can't wait to see that little one... oh she is going to just be the cutest little pumpkin ever ;) i love that our girls will be so close in age :) I will take some pictures of the room even though it isn't done and send them to you :) You deserve to see theM!!! love you!
Post a Comment